Flat metal roofs are a newer, popular option for commercial buildings. It isn't a traditional option for flat or low sloped roofs, but if you look, you can find them being installed on more buildings. So, is a flat metal roof right for you?
The Benefits of Metal Roofs
- Low Cost: More specifically, there’s a low “life cycle” cost. That means, most flat metal roofs can last anywhere from 20 to 40 years.
- Low Maintenance: Due to the durability of flat metal roofs, there are very few costs associated with maintenance. A slight slope means proper drainage of rain and snowmelt.
- Lightweight: Although it varies, metal roofs don’t weigh as much as you’d assume they would. The load does not contribute significantly to any unseen costs.
- Environmentally Friendly: Flat metal roofs are energy efficient. Unlike asphalt or modified bitumen, it reflects light and keeps the building from becoming overly heated. Business owners have seen significant savings in HVAC costs with flat metal roofs.
- Aesthetically Pleasing: Flat metal roofs are far more pleasing to the eye than most membrane roofing systems. Metal roofs can be ordered in a variety of colors to match the design and architecture of the building.
SPC Metal Roof Installation
Metal roof installation is easier than it seems! At SPC Construction and Roofing, our team of professional installers has experience with all types of metal roofing systems. Special considerations need to be made for commercial structures over residential. We work with business owners to install a roofing system that fits in their budget and protects their assets.
A poorly installed roof can lead to loss of business and unexpected damage. Don’t lose money on shoddy work from a less than reputable company. Let SPC help you find the right flat metal roofing system. Contact us today.